Friday, May 28, 2010

This is Kelly (thanks for the tip Fashion!)

I went running yesterday, for the first time in 7 years, according to my estimation. Although my timing was slow, and I felt awful while doing it I found I had more energy last night and then again today.

When I got home my, umm.....helpful husband had a website for novice runners up for me. One thing that really struck me was the part about motivation. I related to so many of the reasons to do this: getting healthier, losing weight, setting and accomplishing goals. The next sentence " If your only goal is to lose weight, good luck. You´re likely to quit.... You must have the right goals and reasons for running in order to be successful." (marathonrookie.com) made me think. I am excited to lose some "junk in my trunk" (Jenn´s earlier post) but it is not my motivation! You ladies are.

We have all been influenced by good and bad, and sometimes it is easier to be influenced by the bad. However, I feel so lucky to have a group of inspirational ladies in my life who are influencing me for the good. Thank you for representing everything "virtous, lovely, or of good report" (Article of Faith13). And mostly thanks for letting me be a part of this!

4 comments:

  1. Great job Kelly!!! It is always so hard for me in the beginning, and then after sticking it out for a few weeks running (or jogging, i don't really run) is actually quite enjoyable and fun. i know of so many people who give up during the painful stage and don't ever feel how great it can be. sometimes just getting the first run out of the way is everything.
    Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true about quitting if your goal is only to lose weight. The goal has to be more meaningful.

    That's cute about Victor and the website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay, kelly! you're a rockstar. i love you so much.

    ReplyDelete