Fashion here. I decided to put my name at the top because I found myself scrolling down to see who was writing.
I ran yesterday in the evening because I didn't have time in the morning. It felt great! I think it was probably easier because I had energy from the food I'd eaten all day. Whereas in the morning I go with nothing in my stomach. But alas, today I was quite sore. Its my stupid hip. I don't know what the deal is. It always starts to hurt when I run. I think I really use my right side and not my left as much. Does anyone else feel they use one side more than the other? So today I'll crosstrain on the elliptical. I don't want to get injured this early on. I'm going to the doctor next week because I want to make sure to nip this in the bud. I don't want any excuses to back out later on.
In better news, I have to say, having the goal of the half-marathon is really inspiring me. I get little butterflies everytime I think about it. But its eustress, the good kind. It makes me do things like go running in the evening when I missed my morning workout, and crosstrain when I'm sore. Before these obstacles to my workout regimen would have merely seen me skipping out for the day. But no, I have a goal now. It makes all the difference.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Atta girl Fash! I am the SAME way. I work-out so much better when I have a goal. Otherwise, I too skip out when there is any sign of pain and opt for a bowel of ice cream instead. But because of this half marathon I get in my work out and THEN I have the ice cream as a reward. ;-) Keep it up! Xo, L
ReplyDeletegood for you, fash! i'll ask my dad about possible causes of your hip pain (he's a physical rehab/sports medicine doc). do you have a curved spine at all or maybe one leg is shorter than the other? maybe that's a funny question. and not that i've ever noticed you with a gimpy leg! or it could have something to do with your gait maybe... like one foot has a tendency to overpronate or something. i'm not really sure. but it's probably a good idea to see a doctor.
ReplyDeletedo you need new shoes? hey, we should discuss our running shoes on here... i want to know what everyone has. a later post perhaps.
one thing is pregnancy can offset everything. it takes me a while to feel normal - my back especially aches after a baby.
ReplyDeletemy sister has a similar problem with her hip, but she learned from her doctor that one leg was shorter than the other, and now she just power walks.
You'll be fine, everything feels so rusty in the beginning.
hopefully your hip will feel better with a days rest. i've been reading all these running books, and i can't believe how much they stress off days.
i took a day off one day this week (and walked) and felt a lot stronger they day after the rest day.