Friday, May 28, 2010

Angie's addition

Okay, so I'm still high on drugs from the dentist, but let me add my two cents! And first of all I don't want to hear any of this negative talk, because let me tell you- I detested running and I became a runner. And I completed a half marathon. And I'm going to complete two more half marathons. On a side note, I've also decided to NEVER try a full marathon. because that's just crazy.

The first thing that has helped me is to have a good reason to run. In fact, the only reason I started running was because I had a good reason and needed therapy for it! Now I know none of you are going through a divorce right now, but meeting up with all the Lomas Ladies for this special event is reason enough! Or there could be something in your lives that is bugging you as it was me- and I'll tell you again that pounding the pavement is great therapy, and it costs a heck of a lot less than a real therapist! Tell that pavement who's boss! And once you're done with your 13.1, you know you can overcome anything. Seriously, anything.

As far as music goes- I'm a huge Pink fan when it comes to running. Pretty much anything by her does the trick, especially "Rock Star" because she spits at the end. Awesome. I also like songs that say "run" in them- like collective soul's "Run," or Muse's "Resistance." There's a bunch more, but I'll have to post them later if I think of them. Other favorites:

Miley Cyrus- Party in the USA
Gorillaz- Feel Good Inc.
Good Charlotte- I Don't Wanna be in Love
Beyonce- Halo
All-American Rejects- Gives you Hell
Karl Wolf- Africa
Almost anything by Linkin Park

And thanks for your suggestions, too! It's been fun looking them up on iTunes!

Let's do this, Lomas Ladies!

3 comments:

  1. Angie I'm glad to know that someone else loves Party in the USA. I get such flack from my kids about this song. I really like it though. Love ya Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Party in the US is awesome! It's nice when you can tolerate your kids' music. Add Abba and Shakir and you'd have my playlist.

    Angie I can't wait to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ang, i love you love you. i'm so proud of you. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete