Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday, June 7th

Hi all you 1/2 marathon ladies. Just to set the record straight, I ran with Noelle at 6:00am on Saturday and I was working to keep up with her. She's amazing! We did our 5 miles and I felt great.

So I ran again today, Monday, and every step felt like moving a mountain. Am I regressing? I thought you were supposed to get stronger the more you run. It was all I could do to push through it and that is with the help of the self-appointed trainer, Jaime, at the sope. Anyone want a trainer - Jaime wants to train - anyone? Anyone? He's been yelling out tips to me- "guerita" for 3 years now and Saturday, I finally talked to him "officially" with Noelle. He'll train you even if you don't want to be trained!

Anyway, I hope Thursday's run will be easier. Who wants to join me Thursday at the sope - ? I promise I will be there Noelle. Rain or shine or extreme fatigue - I'm there.

5 comments:

  1. M&M-perfectly normal to have a great run followed by a not so great run.
    Thursday will be better. You are awesome to be able to run and do bodyflow!! increible:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME! I will run with you Thursday. I am slacking these days... I will call you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. but you still went! even though you were so tired! this is dedication. *applause*

    i am positive i would have felt the same this morning if i had time to think about how tired my body was today. but instead i had to converse with jaime in spanish for four miles, so (though i admit i was a bit irked at first) it was kind of nice having someone to chat with. i guess sometimes it is good to have a running partner. :)

    and marianne, i don't know if i'll be there thursday, because i might have to teach bodycombat that day, but saturday i am for sure planning on being there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could just fly in and run with you ladies at the sope.

    Marianne, I the story about Jaime - SO MEXICO!!! People so willing and eager to help out. I liked watching the guys training for bull-fighting on the track on Ruben Dario.

    I have been slowing down a bit. It is getting hot here and I'm anxious to get to Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woops, I meant to say, I loved the story about Jaime!

    ReplyDelete