Marianne here:
So, let's get straight to the matter. My running is coming along and is on schedule. My little watch thing says that I burn around 550 calories every 6 miles. So you would think that my weight would be dropping like a brick . . . NOT! The easy way out is to say that I'm building sooooooo much muscle that my weight stays the same.
But the reality is that I can exercise all day long, but I can't get my eating under control. Every day I wake up and say that today is going to be the day that I refrain from eating all that stuff you are supposed to avoid. And then every night I vow that tomorrow will be better. Like today, for instance. I'm having the missionaries over for comida - so after I ate my healthy oatmeal, I started making chocolate chip cookies to give them a taste of home. Big mistake. It is now 1:30 pm and all I've eaten is cookie dough without chocolate chips, cookie dough with chocolate chips and cooked cookies. This is confession big time.
Who out there has discipline tips? Ways to stay on a healthy eating plan? I'm thinking my only option is to not buy ANYTHING that isn't a fruit, vegetable or protein and make my family suffer right along with me. Little S is going to able to last about 30 minutes if that.
Calling out an S.O.S.
Marianne :)
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Marianne here one more time . . . Noelle, I'm sorry I didn't make it to body flow. I had workers here fixing my windows and couldn't leave.
ReplyDeletemarianne, you crack me up. i certainly cannot help you out with any sort of eating tips! i did not run this morning or do any sort of cardio and went and got a frosty shake at wendy's while shopping between costco and chedraui. shoot.
ReplyDeletei am resigned to the elliptical and some quad strength training this week to see if my mcl sprain heals better. i hurt it a while ago, but never really rested it. and now it's been acting up (probably because of this extra weight i am lugging around). but i plan on being at the sope saturday morning! maybe thursday if it's feeling better by then!
p.s. you ARE getting stronger!!! muscle >>>>> fat!
Marianne,
ReplyDeleteWhen it comes down to it, I run to try to be skinny. Okay, I admit it, I confess. I do love running and the feeling I get once I'm done, but I'm hoping for some benefit weight wise. (julianna told me this morning when she saw my ever-present llanta - "mom, why don't you just get plastic surgery")
But, I have been so disappointed with the slow results and progress. I have been running since February, and I have lost 3 lbs. 3 lbs! That is nothing!!!!! I got weighed today at the doctor and was so disappointed. She said we could test my thyroid just to make sure that is not an issue. ARGGGHHH!!! I doubt it is my thyroid, it is my eating. The doctor was no help, she said, in order for a woman to not gain weight every year, she either has to continually cut calories as she gets older, or workout 1 hr 7 days a week. So I guess my 30 min jogs are quite making the cut!
It is so hard to think of healthy meals that everyone in the family likes. My kids will eat the junk-food meals (chicken nuggets, frozen tacos, easy tacos) without complaining, but I have a harder time getting them to eat things that are healty. Sometime it is too hard to fight them, so I give in and serve "kid friendly food" that isn't the best for weight loss.
The best thing is to not have any of the junk in the house, but then the family is not happy.
Could you got to one of those pharmacy's and ask them what the magic pill is???
Ugh! I hear ya lady! I already trained and ran a half and my weight is did not change much. I do see more muscles in my legs (the only place I DON'T want more) but nothing else seems different. I really think it is about eating better... which is so hard. I. Love. Food. Sometimes it helps to find new healthy food options. We should make everyone share a favorite(easy)healthy snack they like. -Lauren
ReplyDeleteMarianne here:
ReplyDeleteJulianna is so funny. I miss her and your whole family Suzanne. Nice comment- :) The sad part is that I am 10 years older than you Suzanne and probably 20 years older than you Lauren. I don't think I'm capable of cutting calories every year. So I should just get over all of it and move on. Who wants some pretzels?
Marianne,
ReplyDeleteIn my 20s as long as I ran I could eat anything, fit in my desired size, all was good.
Now in my 30s, I run and run and I still have the muffin top. I will need to start limiting my food consumption.
So so tragic.
I swear, the thin older women never eat.
Or we could just run 6 miles a day until our joints give out!